Members of the Family History ACT (FHACT) can:
- Access our library and all its resources during opening hours
- Receive our journal 'The Ancestral Searcher' (TAS) published 4 times per year
- Attend monthly meetings with guest speakers held at our Cook Education room and/or via zoom
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter with news of family history events and latest resources, locally and around the world
- Attend educational programs through the year
- Receive a 20% discount when purchasing English or Welsh BMD Certificates (paper or PDF format)
- Receive research advice, for example when facing a ‘brick wall’
- Receive a 10% discount when purchasing books published by Family History ACT
- Access reciprocal arrangements with State organisations except the Society of Australian Genealogists in Sydney (see below)
- Participate in any or all Special Interest Groups (SIGs) where you can share with and learn from others with similar interests
- Participate in Software User Groups (SUGs) to help you make the best of your Family History Programs
- Participate in Member Support Groups (MSGs) to help you make the best of your Family History Experience
Click here to read our brochure setting out member benefits.
Any questions should be directed to The Membership Team
Become a Member
Click here to join Family History ACT
Family History ACT (also known as The Heraldry & Genealogy Society of Canberra (HAGSOC)) has reciprocal arrangements with a number of Australasian family history organisations. This enables FHACT members to use their library facilities when visiting. You need to produce your current membership card on arrival. The following organisations are party to reciprocal arrangements.
Australian Capital Territory
Hall School Musem and Heritage Centre
Genealogical Society of Victoria
Genealogical Society of Queensland
Queensland Family History Society
Tasmanian Family History Society
Genealogical Society of the Northern Territory
Family History Society of New Zealand
New Zealand Society of Genealogists
New South Wales
Yass & District Historical Society Inc.
Although the Society of Australian Genealogists (SAG) has a reciprocal arrangement with other societies, it has declined offers from Family History ACT. Nevertheless as a gesture of goodwill, FHACT welcomes members of SAG to our Library.