Express your interest today!
17th June 2022
By Cheryl Bollard
Many of us have heard of the legendary Irish History Weekends at Galong, NSW. Some of us have even been lucky enough to attend one. Now there’s an opportunity to attend an Irish History Retreat at Galong in November 2022.
Family History ACT, together with the Yass Historical Society and the Canberra and District Historical Society are planning to host an Irish Australian History Weekend - Return to Tipperary at the St Clements Monastery, Galong from 18-20 November 2022.
The weekend is promising to be jammed packed with talks, music and a special gala dinner on Saturday night. Key note speakers include:
- Dr Perry McIntyre : Irish convict families and orphan girls – investigating Irish female immigrants
- Dr Damian Gleeson: Father Joseph Therry and the Irish convicts of NSW, 1819-1838
- Dr Jeff Kildea: A veritable host of Irish Ancestors
- Dorothy Brownrigg: The search for Irish Huguenots
- Barbara Moore: It’s not all on the internet…..
More information on the program is available in the Flyer.
The price of the weekend $440-$470 for members, includes all meals and accommodation as well as the conference.
In order to gauge the viability of the weekend, expressions of interest are required by 30 June 2022.
Galong Irish History Retreat – Return to Tipperary
Where - St Clements Monastery, Galong
When: 18-20 November 2022.
Cost: Members : $440 single room or $470 twin room with ensuite
Non Members: $480 single room or $510 twin room with ensuite
For more information or to Express your Interest
For more information download this document