The pdf version of How to reset your password in 8 easy steps includes screen snapshots.
- Click on the Login button which is in the top right-hand corner.
- The Member Login screen will be displayed. Click on the phrase Forgot Your Password? which is located towards the bottom of the screen.
- The Member Login screen will change to display Reset My Password. Enter your Username and Email. Click on the RESET PASSWORD button.
- The Member Login screen will change to display a Success message and an email will be sent to the email address. This will occur if you have entered the username and email in step 3 that matches your account.
If the Username and/or Email are incorrect you will receive a Warning message. Return to step 3 and try again.
- Once you have received the reset password email, click on the underlined phrase follow this unique link.
- The Member Login screen will display Please enter a new password. Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields. Click on the UPDATE PASSWORD button.
- The Member Login screen will change to display a Success message. Your can now login with your Username and the Password you have just set.
- You will receive an email notifying you that your account has been changed.
The pdf version of How to update your membership details in 8 easy steps includes screen snapshots.
1. After you have logged in, click on Your Name: Admin which is to the left of the Logout button.
2. The Member Login screen will display with seven tabs. Click on the My Memberships tab. Under the heading Current Memberships click on the VIEW MEMBERSHIP DETAILS button for the first membership. If you belong to a SIG, SUG or MSG these memberships will appear underneath your main membership.
3. A popup screen will appear that contains your membership details.
4. Scroll to the end of this popup screen and click on the EDIT button which is in the bottom right-hand corner.
5. Modify any fields that need updating. Compulsory fields are marked with a red asterisk *. You can also change your username and/or password while editing.
6. After all fields have been completed, click on the SAVE button which is in the bottom right-hand corner. An error message will be displayed next to a field if it is not completed correctly when you click on the SAVE button.
7. Close the popup screen by clicking on the x in the top right-hand corner or click on the CLOSE button which is in the bottom right-hand corner.
8. Congratulations, you have successfully updated your membership details
Family History ACT (FHACT) has Voluntary Workers Insurance to cover members wherever they are volunteering. We do not know who of our members may volunteer, when they may volunteer or what type of activity they may volunteer for.
To enable us to have insurance cover for volunteers of varying ages, we need to ask for the birth date of all our members. These dates are aggregated and allows us to ensure that we have the appropriate Voluntary Workers Insurance policy.
We have previously asked for age brackets but this approach had a very high administration overhead. It required every member every year to complete the whole membership form plus the membership team had to chase up too many people to complete a membership form every year. To make life less complex for everyone, Family History ACT has taken the approach to ask for date of birth so it is entered once only and gives more time for everyone to research their family history.
Clicking on 'Your Name' (the orange button in the top right-hand corner) then click on the menu item My Account which is under your name, will open your personal membership information. There are 7 tabs that contain information about you and your interactions with Family History ACT
- My Account - review and edit your basic details, Marketing Preferences can be muted or unmuted (only applies to marketing emails sent via an email campaign) and My Documents is a list are document categories you can access
- My Memberships - Account, Current Memberships and Past Payments. The account details can be edited by clicking on the edit icon next to the field you wish to update. Within the section "Current Memberships" you can view and edit each of your memberships via the "View Membership Details" button. Press the EDIT button located in the bottom right-hand corner of the popup screen, modify your membership details as required and then press the SAVE button. The RENEW button will appear to the right of the "View Membership Details" button when your membership is due for renewal.
- My Payments - you can choose to have a stored credit card payment method if you want to, that will be used for any credit card payments you make via the Member Jungle Payment Gateway. Note: The Member Jungle system does not store any credit card details however instead stores a token that is sent through the payment gateway, ensuring your payment details are always secure.
- My Events - shows your completed and upcoming events.
- My Orders - not currently used as we do not have catalogue orders.
- My Store - any orders you have made from the online store.
- My Listings - any listings you have in the Member Directory
The pdf version of How to join a group in 8 easy steps includes screen snapshots.
Once you have logged in, you can now join any of the following groups all for FREE (except TMG).
Special Interest Groups (SIGs):
Australia, Convict, Digital Asset Management, DNA, English & Welsh, Heraldry, Scottish, Irish, Writers.
Software Support Groups (SUGs):
Family Tree Maker (FTM), Legacy, Reunion and Mac, The Master Genealogist (TMG Down Under).
Member Support Groups (MSGs):
Coffee & Chat, Pauline’s Parlour.
1. After you have logged in, click on the Membership Tab in the menu at the top of the Homepage and select the Join or Renew option. (If you login from the Join or Renew page the Register section is not shown.)
2. On the Join or Renew page you will be able to see what groups you are already a member of. This page also includes your paid membership level.
3. To join a group that you are not already a member of scroll down to Select a Membership Level dropdown box. By default it will show the first item in the list.
4. Click on the down arrow on the right of the box to see all other options. This list also includes all other levels of paid memberships. Toward the bottom of the list are the names of the SIGs, SUGs and MSGs which you have not already joined.
5. Use the slide bar on the righthand side to scroll down to find and select the group that you wish to join. Your choice should now appear in the Select a Membership Level window
6. Click REGISTER. Your membership information will display and can be modified as required. Check that it is correct then click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.
7. A Signup window will appear, and you can optionally add some other products to your subscription if you wish. The items are only ordered if you click the +Add button. Click CHECKOUT to complete your signup for the group membership.
8. You will receive an automatic email confirming your request and membership to the group will be activated by the convenor. Repeat this process for any other groups you may wish to join.
The captcha will appear if the system suspects that the person is a bot. Generally the system will use silent captcha but if there is any suspicions it will do the manual checks by displaying captcha.
If you are a current member, you can only renew your membership starting 100 days before your expiry date. You will receive renewal reminders (until you renew) 60 days, 30 days and 7 days before your expiry date plus 7 days and 28 days after your expiry date.
If you do not renew by 30 days after your expiry date, you will be automatically removed as a member and no longer have access to the member only areas of the website. After 30 days, an expired member can only renew their membership by completing a paper form or by contacting the membership coordinator to arrange temporary access to renew online.
When your expiry date is within 100 days you will see a button display in the membership area and on your mobile app to Renew your Membership.
Renewing via the Website
After you have logged in, go to your member account area.
You do this by clicking on your name (which is the orange box in the top right-hand corner) and then clicking on My Account which is in the menu under your name. You should see a screen with your account details spread out over a number of tabs.
Click on the My Memberships tab, you will see a button displayed under the membership card.
Clicking on this button will open a pop-up with the membership form. Here you can update your form details, select which membership product you would like for the next membership term (only products in the same membership level will be available. If you wish to renew to another membership level, you will need to sign up to that level) and then submit your membership renewal application. Please contact the membership coordinator if you need assistance changing levels.
on clicking submit, you will be offered the opportunity to purchase a copy of FHB&B and/or donate to the Library Gift Fund (donates over $2 are tax deductible), and then taken to select your preferred payment option, and through the checkout process.
Depending on the membership level and payment method you may automatically get the next membership term added to your membership upon payment or you may see a message advising that your membership will now require administrator approval.
A member that requires approval goes into a pending status. You will receive an email to advise you of this.
If you are auto approved or an administrator has approved your pending renewal registration, you will be sent an email for "Renewal Success".
Renewing Via The Mobile App
Renewing via the mobile app is the same process to renewing on the website.
When you log into the mobile app, you will see a "Renew Today" reminder at the top of the dashboard.
Clicking on the membership button below this reminder will take you directly to the membership form to renew your membership.
Alternatively, you can select the "My Account" option from the dashboard. Scrolling to the bottom of the account information will show the Membership expiry dates. Any memberships that are coming up for Renewal or are expired will have a button to renew.
You will be taken to the membership form to update your details and select membership products within that level for renewal.
On clicking submit, the rest of the process is the same as on the website.
Membership Invoices and Membership Cards
You will be emailed an invoice and your membership card with the welcome email (upon approval of membership).
You will also have access to view and download all of your past membership invoices since 26th July 2021 in your member administration area.
Your membership card is available on both the mobile app and in your member administration area.
Family History ACT has its own library located in Cook.
Member Jungle has its own terminology. One of the icons in the mobile app is called a library which is a collection of the various documents that are avaiable on the website and on the mobile app.
FHACT is a vibrant and active community with a busy schedule of activities. A visitor to the website, member or not, should be able to see the full range of these activities. We want them to see how much is going on and easily discover activities of interest to them.
Most FHACT activities are only for members so each of these has an “Information” event that a website visitor can see without logging in. These “Information” events do not accept registrations so each member only activity also has a “Registration” event to accept registrations. The “Registration” event is only accessible to members who are logged in.
FHACT does also have public activities, including the Monthly meetings. These activities only have a “Registration” event that is visible to public visitors and members who are logged in.
The event list and calendar pages are filtered to only display “Information” or “Register” events as appropriate. On other pages the output can’t be filtered that way and, when you are logged in, you will see both.
Some activities are labelled “Registration” instead of “Register”. This is for cosmetic alignment when the event is displayed on the home page.
Why are registrations necessary?
You must register to attend any FHACT activity in person or using Zoom. Registration for in person attendance is required because COVID restrictions limit the number of people in the meeting space. Registration for Zoom attendance is required for access to the Zoom registration link which must then be used to register with Zoom for the meeting.
Why do events work this way?
FHACT selected Member Jungle as its membership system. The system integrates membership, event management, online store, payments and many other features in a way that provides great benefit to the organisation. With all the benefits come a few features that we need to work around. Having “Information” and “Register” events is one of these workarounds, required because of the way events work in the system.
Emails from FHACT will often have firstname.lastname@example.org in the from address.
You CAN reply to these emails from the website which say “donotreply”.
If you want to reply, click Reply and look at the email address which it is being sent to. For example, in each of the above cases:
Both these “reply to” emails will go to a group, or person in charge of that email address.
This email goes to the “site administrator” and into a “general bucket” of emails that may not be addressed in a timely manner.
If the “reply to” is general, it would be better to try to contact a specific group or person using our contact us pages on the website.
Contact us: https://www.familyhistoryact.org.au/contact
Specific FHACT Contacts: https://www.familyhistoryact.org.au/index.cfm?display=1314532
So, try to reply but check the email address it will go to before deciding to send it.
Note for group convenors.
When you send an email to members or people registered for an event you can change the "From Name" and the "From Address". The "From Name" appears in the email as in the examples above.
The "From Address" in your email will be used as the "reply to address" in the receiver’s email.
You have to register twice for a Zoom meeting.
1. Register for an event (purchase a ticket) on the website.
To attend using Zoom select the Zoom ticket.
2. You will be sent a confirmation email from the website which includes a link to register for the Zoom meeting. Also, you will now be able to see the Zoom registration link on the web page for that event.
3. Open the Zoom link to REGISTER with Zoom for the meeting.
4. A confirmation window will be displayed with a new link to attend the Zoom meeting.
This link will also be included in a confirmation email from Zoom.
Both the confirmation window and the email have a link that can be used to automatically add the Zoom meeting and attendance link in your calendar. That is convenient as you can easily find the link to attend the meeting.
5. To attend the meeting, open the Zoom attendance link from step 4.
6. In most cases you will go straight into the meeting, but in some cases you may be held in a waiting room until the meeting organiser allows you to join the meeting.
Why do I have to register twice?
Event management for FHACT has been streamlined by the new website. That has generally improved the experience for both members and volunteers, and has reduce the workload for volunteers. Having to register twice for a Zoom meeting is an inconvenience but it is justified by the other benefits of the system.
FHACT has chosen to implement the two-stage registration process for better security. Registering with the website allows tighter control of the Zoom registration link. Registering separately with Zoom further improves control of Zoom attendance and reduces the possibility Zoom bombing and other intrusive disruption.
It is easy to forget the early concerns about Zoom security because it is now generally well managed. The two-step process is part of that ongoing management.
We would like you to display your FHACT membership card whenever you visit the FHACT library in Cook or attend an FHACT event.
There are several ways to print your card and below are a few suggestions for both Windows and Mac users. This FAQ is also available as a document here.
When you renew your membership an email is sent with the membership card image on it. You can print the email and cut out the image.
Some other options for printing your membership cards are presented here. Other image software may offer similar options for printing. Note that scaling in an image editor before printing may reduce the print quality.
First you need to save the card as a file.
- Login to the FHACT website
- Go to your membership page by clicking on your name in the top right near the “LOGOUT” button
- Display your membership details by clicking on the “My Membership” tab, second from the left.
- Membership cards are displayed in a column on the right. The first card should be your FHACT membership card, that is the one to print. There will be more cards if you have joined one or more groups. The card image is between a header toggle and the “VIEW MEMBERSHIP DETAILS” button.
- Click on the card image to get the image. Depending on your browser and settings the image may be displayed, or you may be asked to save the file.
- Save the image as a jpg or jpeg file.
Next you need to print the file.
Here is one option for Windows users to print a card. (Options for Mac users are below.)
- Double click on the file to open it in the default Windows image program.
- Click on the print icon.
- Select the print settings.
- “Photo Size” and "Fit" are the important settings. Other settings may be changed as required. For example, if you print the card on photo paper that would require different settings.
- The Photo Size setting is NOT accurate, the actual size of the print depends on your printer. The 3.5 x 5 in setting gives the best results on some printers with A4 paper.
- The Fit setting should be changed to “Shrink to Fit” otherwise the image will be cropped.
- Print the image
- Cut out the membership card.
Here is another WIndows option for printing a card.
- Right click on the image file.
- Select the print option.
That will present a number of options for the page layout.
- The best option is “Wallet (9)”.
- Untick the “Fit picture to frame” setting.
- Click on the print button to print the image.
- Cut out the card.
Here is one option for Mac users to print a card.
- Double click on the file to open it in the default image program.
- Click on the file then select print.
- Note default settings that come up for A4 paper. Change “Scale to Fit” to “Scale” and the % to 23% then print.
- Print the image.
- Cut out the card.
Here is another option for printing a card. (This would work on Windows as well.)
- Make the picture as big as possible then take a screen shot (shift > command > 4) exactly around the perimeter of the card.
- Open a blank sheet in “Pages”.
- Drag “screenshot” onto page using the corner marker to reduce the card to desired size, which shows up as you move it.
- Print the image.
- Cut out the card.
Note when taking a screenshot make your image as large as possible. The higher resolution which will ensure clearer printing.
Standard Emergency Response Procedures
Occupants and Visitors
On sounding of the Alert or Evacuation tone ‘whoop...whoop’
- Be aware of a potential emergency within you building.
- Check your immediate surroundings including exits for any signs of danger.
- Prepare for an evacuation by putting away cash, valuables and/or classified information.
- Gather your immediate personal effects such as handbags, wallets, and car keys if safe.
- Assemble at the nearest safe exit in preparation for immediate evacuation.
- Follow instructions given by the Wardens.
- Assist First Aid Officers and Wardens if required.
- Do not travel between areas.
- Do not attempt to remove your vehicle from the carpark.
- Check exits before evacuating.
- Commence evacuation immediately (Warden at the front and Warden at the rear), going out in single file, holding onto the handrail.
- No food or drinks inside the exiting systems (slips, trips or fall hazards).
- Any occupants/visitors with a disability (OWD) should be assisted directly outside of the building.
- Proceed directly to your nominated external assembly area located at Grassed area on Oval at the rear of the complex.
- Please follow the correct procedures when crossing roads to get to the nominated external assembly area.
- Remain at the external assembly area until advised by the Wardens that you can return to the building, even if the Evacuation tones have ceased sounding inside the building.
- Please follow the correct procedures when crossing roads to return to the building.
On receiving the ‘all clear’ from the Warden
- Please follow the correct procedures when crossing roads to return to the building.
- Please follow the required security requirements during re-entry to the building.
- If there was any issues or feedback regarding the evacuation, please provide to the Warden so they may include in the report to the Chief Warden as part of the debrief.
There is a PDF version of FHACT Cook Standard Memergency Response Procedures.